123 HP Officejet Pro 7740 Wireless Setup
Setting up the wireless connection of the printer helps you garner the full potential of your HP Officejet Pro 7740 printer. It gives you the freedom and chaos free printing experience.
Wireless Setup for Window
- Turn on the Windows computer and the HP Officejet Pro 7740 to begin the setup.
- Ensure that you have a stable network connection before attempting to connect to the network wirelessly.
- Enable the wireless printing mode in your printer and go to the add printer option in the computer and select network and Bluetooth devices.
- The wizard opens showing you the printers that are available to be connected to the network.
- Select your HP Officejet Pro 7740 printer from the list to add the printer to the computer through the wireless printer.
- If the printer is not shown in the list make a manual addition to the list using the device’s name and port number.
Wireless Setup for Window
- Make sure you have the compatible OS installed in your device before attempting to connect your MAC computer and the HP Officejet Pro 7740 printer to the same wireless network.
- If the device is compatible turn on the HP Officejet Pro 7740 printer and the network router through which the connection has to be made.
- Go to the print and scan wizard and look out for the device from among the printers that are available.
- Select the printer and choose connect wirelessly. If your computer is already in connection to the network then the printer automatically connects wirelessly to the computer.
- If the printer is not visible select add printer manually and complete the setup.
123 HP Officejet Pro 7740 Wifi Setup
Wi-Fi setup enabled in the HP Officejet Pro 7740 printer allows the user to connect to the device from Wi-Fi enable devices without any Wireless Access Point like network router.
123 HP Officejet Pro 7740 Wi-fi Direct Setup
- The Wi-Fi direct setup to HP Officejet Pro 7740 printer requires the presence of Wi-Fi radio in the device that is intended to be connected to the printer.
- Turn on the Wi-Fi radio in the mobile phone or computer and enable the Wi-Fi direct mode in the HP Officejet Pro 7740 printer.
- The connection process is similar to connecting mobile devices to a wireless network router.
- Supply the WPA of the Wi-Fi radio of the mobile device or the computer in the printer to establish the connection and transfer files.
- Note that the connection can be made from your computer either through the Wi-Fi direct or the wireless network. Simultaneous connection may be possible in only some mobile phones.
123 HP Officejet Pro 7740 Mopria Print Setup
- Mopria printing is a platform that allows users to print to various Mopria compatible printers using the same plug-in available for android devices in the paly store.
- Download the Mopria print app from the Google play store onto your mobile phone. Install the app and enable Mopria print service in the mobile settings.
- After enabling Mopria print service download the common plug-in for Mopria service.
- Now make sure that the HP Officejet Pro 7740 printer and the mobile are connected to the same wireless network or connected using Wi-Fi direct.
- Select the printer from the list of Mopria certified printers and select print. You can use the Mopria service to print from another Mopria certified printer.
123 HP Officejet Pro 7740 Network Setup
Connecting the printer to a network enhances the usage capabilities of your printer to a great extent. This feature enables connecting a single printer to multiple devices in proximity with a wireless network.
Step 1: Installation preparation
- The prerequisites to start a network connection are a strong network connection, a network router, a network enabled HP Officejet Pro 7740 printer and devices that are capable of connecting to a network either wirelessly or wired.
- Turn on the computer, HP Officejet Pro 7740 printer and the network router. Wait for the devices to boot.
Step 2: Restoring the default wireless settings on the printer
- Your HP Officejet Pro 7740 printer is set by default to be connected to a network and thereby able to work with a number of printers.
- In the printer settings enter network settings and enable network connection for the printer.
- Go into wireless advanced settings and reset all the preferences to default for the easy connection to the network.
Step 3: Install the software and printer driver
- The printer to be connected to the computer using a network requires the installation of the HP printer software and the driver of HP Officejet Pro 7740 printer installed.
- The printer software compatible with your PC has to be downloaded from the official HP website and installed.
- The driver can be downloaded from the internet provided by legitimate providers.